This can be achieved in five steps:
- When in doubt….throw it out!!!
place all items that are not used in the current process in an auction area (Red Tagging).
- Where; Determine the location, depending on the usage of the item;
- What; Clearly indicate what should be available
- How much; Determine the quantity
- Define who is responsible for which areas
- Set up cleaning standards (5W2H)
- Make spots that are difficult to clean more accessible. Cleaning = inspecting!
- Fail safe; Cannot go wrong
- Visual steering mechanism; Warn when deviating
- Visual tool; Visible: One Point Lessons, general information
Make sure that people are willing to follow agreements:
a. Make the best way the easiest way;
b. Reward good behavior
Check compliance with agreements by performing audits.