- Data is collected as near at the source as possible
- Who enters the date is owner
- Who owns the data enters it
- Who owns the data is responsible for its correctness
- Who guarantees, is allowed to set requirements
- Who performs a task guarantees its quality
- Who can not guarantee the quality of its output is obligated to stop the process
- Who detects a downstream failure, returns it to the previous step without correction
- Who makes a mistake solves it
- It is allowed to make a mistake ónce, in order to prevent it from ever re-occurring
- The management guarantees a system that allows the employees to perform its task within spec
- The shorter the throughput time, the less chance on disturbance.
- Mistakes are chances for improvement; they are allowed ónce, not twice!
- Any ‘Improvement’ that adds complexity is no improvement.
- Just adding investments, technology, square feet or people is no improvement.